Wednesday 13 October 2010

Another day, another practice

Good evening all! Just a short update from me today.

I got up a little earlier this morning, 06:10am, & oh boy did I feel it! Getting up was a struggle, the pull of coffee was strong enough to get me out of bed, down stairs & in front of my kettle.  I usually have my cuppa sitting in Baddha Konasana but this morning I wrapped my self up in a throw, I felt the difference in my hips later I can tell you!  Today's practice was tough, shaky & brought me back down to earth after my 2 days of blissfully floating on my mat (as if, but you know what I mean lol).  I was shocked to feel a big difference in Triang Mukha Ekapada Pashimottanasana, I've been training my knees daily by sitting with my with both feet back & a cushion under me & wow what a difference it's made, much more stability :)  I had my usual issues with Marichyasana D, I did feel more open to the twist which is giving my hope, I know this game, I've played it before, one day all of a sudden Marichyasana D will come to me & I'll end up loving it, "yoga teaches us to let go of progress & to dance in the joy of progressing spontaneously through dedication" seems appropriate.  Again I carried on though, I stopped after Navasana, I did three again with my knees bent in my 2nd and 3rd go due to burning quads - feeling it in Utthita Hasta Padangushtasana as well, as well as feeling "it" I'm also feeling a lot more strength & ease in UHP especially.  I was a little unsteady in Setu Bandhasana, which was quickly forgotten as Urdhva Dhanurasana was amazing! So open, light & refreshing before heading into finishing.  (one more complaint) Baddha Padmasana, reaching round to grab my feet *feels* impossible! Lol Again, there's always tomorrow :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what a good idea. I usually sip my coffee in half lotus pose. Baddha konasana sounds like a much better pose for the first coffee.
    Flexible practices, strong coffee......:)

    ReplyDelete