Tuesday 15 June 2010

PICTURE PERFECT?

Hello again, this post will include my much discussed pictures; unfortunately there's only 2 at the moment, my photographer (my husband lol) went AWOL during today's practice.

This is a tough post for me, as I suffer from an eating disorder coupled with body dysmorphic disorder, I'll probably catch myself being rather self critical but if I miss a small non-constructive criticism please let me know!?

Firstly Parivritta Trikonasana
As this is the first picture I've ever seen of myself doing ashtanga, I'm over the moon with it! Right, now that's out of the way lets get objective; My right hip's a little out of sync, I feel my left arm could be a lot straighter and rolling my shoulders down my back wouldn't go a miss - any thoughts? Again I actually love this picture, it's a strange and new sensation as I've never liked a picture of myself, let alone loved it! To be honest I can hardly believe that that's me, where's the rolls of fat? where's that ugly dude I see in the mirror? (I'm not meaning to blow my own vuvuzela or stroke my ego, this is a BIG moment for me eh, the only criticism I've got is, look at my ribs! bleurgh! I need to put on weight!)

Secondly Urdhva Dhanurasana
Unfortunately this picture horrifies me! Look at my funky outward pointing feet!? Look at my hand-shoulder alignment!? Look at my upper-back!? Where did my flexibility go? True this was before I "downed my head" and walked my hands in but still! Keeping all that in mind during my practice today was very rewarding if not surprising, after "downing my head" and walking my hands in (3 times), I rocked back and forth, inhale -weight on the feet, exhale-weight on the hands, after doing this 5 or 6 times my feet magically lifted of the floor! I've always concentrated on my hands lifting BUT MY FEET??? What's that about? I got such a fright I had to stop and ask, "Did that really happen?" If this has occurred during your practice please let me know ASAP, as it's freaked me out a little LOL.

Due to my lovely husband taking these pictures I've been in touch with a friend of mine that fancies herself a bit of a photographer, she's agreed to come over next week. Yes, that's right! I'll be getting "ashtanga papped", between you and me, I CAN'T WAIT!!!! :-)

P.S. If you like the pants and fancy a private viewing get in touch with my Husband LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment